Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Month of Bufftober!

October is an exciting month for Buffaloo.

When Buffaloo and I met, the vet told me he was "No more than 8 months old." As good a number as any, so in addition to his June Adoption Day (his 'Buffiversary'), he got an October birthday (Buffday? Why not?). That year, Saturday, October 15th worked well for me. So it was arbitrarily set.

And this year we celebrated. If a bit lazily and belatedly. I didn't have any ice cream, which is his normal treat for this special occasion. And it was raining. And my bike had a flat tire. So it waited a day or two, but he got his ice cream. And, as per usual, he has spent the last few weeks hankering after any ice cream I have out for myself.


Then he got to take a trip to New Jersey. He got to go on a hike in the woods not once, but TWICE. And the second time, he got to chase Ericas up trees. 


Of course, in NJ (with my fiancee's family) he gets quite a bit of attention. At pretty much all times there are roughly four women telling him how adorable he is, so it is pretty much heaven for him. But upon returning, he turned all mopey, having only his regular people to get attention from.

Last weekend I finally got him his Halloween costume. I had been thinking Lion Mane, but that may have to wait for another year. I took him to the pet store and tried to get a Chewbacca costume to fit on him. Sadly, the costumes with from leg holes don't go on his body, so it was a fail. He instead got Buffadile costume. 



He also got a new toy. I'm hesitant with toys-he needs to be interested in any given toy, and it either needs to be durable as all heck or cheap enough that I'm fine with it being torn apart. This is the former, and we call him Frankenboobear. His first Halloween he got a seasonally-themed stuffed bear called Boobear. After a few iterations, we are now at Frankenboobear. For the record, here he is in his first costume (apparently after a party...). It was a devil outfit, which was adorable. Although his actual costume was "Buffaloo wings." PUNS!


Now things have calmed down, and he can spend his nights relaxing on his Erica. Seriously, he chased me out of my seat on the couch and then, quite literally, laid across the couch and all occupants. And he has torn the sofa cover half off. Again.


He's also catching up on toys. As I pulled my laundry out of the washer, lo and behold. Some puppy had deposited one of his toys in my laundry basket for washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment