Friday, January 23, 2015

Buffaloo Needs an Alka Seltzer

My poor puppy doesn't feel well tonight. 

I wish I could feel worse for him, but it's really his fault. Let me go back a bit though.

The last few weeks, his breath has been horrid. So, in an effort to help his oral hygiene, I bought a bag of special dental chewies at Costco. They worked remarkably well. After one later that night, his breath no longer floored us from across the room. So hey, that's something. 

I kept them on a hutch about waist height. That might be on me.

Today when I got home, I found he had...liberated the treats from the shelf and eaten them. Normally when he does that, he liberates all of it into his stomach. As he did with an entire batch of peanut butter cookies once upon a time. This time, he seems to have stopped after a few. 

Probably because he started throwing up everywhere. In all, he threw up 8 times, which ranged from "giant pile" to "bilious foam." Fun times. Since then, he has been laying down in a lethargic fashion. 

Such a jackass. 

Look at the little jackass.
Although to be fair, I have gone through similar realizations as I have aged. Realizing I can't eat a whole pizza, drink all the beers, overindulge in ice cream. It has happened, and I never feel proud. I suppose my puppy is realizing he is getting older.

No comments:

Post a Comment