So, it has been a little while. We'll say that, after reading the week 4 Puppy Report you thought to yourself, "Hey, I wonder what the world will be like in seven weeks. I'm going to jump into my time machine and jump forward to that date, using this blog as a convenient framing device..."
And here you are, seven weeks in the future. On the one hand, you are pleased to discover that your time machine works perfectly. On the other, more disturbing side, your evil twin has been acting in your place, so no one is wondering where you have been and now, fully integrated into your life, your twin has become the normative version of you and you are an outsider, likely to be shunned by your past family and friends.
Sad face.
Wait...since I do know a pair of actual twins, I may want to caveat that above scenario. So, consider it caveated. Also, that really belongs in my other blog.
So, Buffaloo. He stayed with my sister for about a week and a half before pushing her dog over the edge with his boundless energy, whereupon he was transferred to my parents until I got back.
Yada, yada, yada.
We came back. I have taken up running, so I've been forcing him to come along. It tires him out pretty well. Actually, he makes me run less than I otherwise might.
Yada, yada, yada.
We started puppy school at Petsmart two weeks ago. It's going well.
We found a dog park nearby that he has been loving.
I took him to PetCo for grooming.
Alright, so I called, and they seemed confused as to what I could possibly want. After finally convincing them that I would like my dog groomed (at the dog groomers), they told me to wait and they would get some information from me.
I waited. Eventually, they came back, started to get the information, then said that they would get it when I brought him in. And hung up.
I did take him in. They all acted...off. Like crazy aunts. Like Patty and Selma from The Simpsons. Just off. I did not like this. Neither did Buffaloo, but I left him. He was...hesitant to go into the back with the workers there, so they tackled this issue by yanking on him leash. Because that will make him easy to handle.
So I gave them a hand. When I got him back, he seemed less sheddy. Which isn't saying too much, but what can you expect, he is a very shed-happy dog. I drove him home, and after getting back (20-30 minute drive, mind you), I get a call letting me know that they forgot to put his collar back on (with his name and registration tags. His leash is on a different collar).
Sigh. Also, I've heard other...concerns over PetCo. In general, I was not happy with the place. It felt...dirty? Maybe unkempt is a better word. And rather...unprofessional.
So last night he started acting very lethargic. Even around people he normally tears into. I am moderately worried, but I'll wait and see how he acts. I'm hoping he snaps out of it soon, otherwise a vet visit may be in his future.
No comments:
Post a Comment