Friday, February 3, 2012

Puppy Report: Week...umm...

So...August 19th was Week 11...that makes this...week (carry the two...) 35!

I have had my dog for 35 weeks today. So, since last September, a lot has happened. He finished Puppy High, and his diploma is proudly displayed on the fridge. We went down to visit my brother and his wife and my nephew. Subsequently, there was a brief bout with fleas, which seems to be resolved. We are still running. He has apparently learned to unhook bras. Overall, he has gotten both bigger (by roughly ten pounds) and more mature and calmer.

Calmer is a relative term.

For Halloween, he went as Buffaloo Wings (oh, come on! That was clever! And adorable)

He also had a Santa outfit that didn't fit particularly well.

He still buffles me, but less so. He lets me sleep in to 8 or so sometimes. He still loves to be cradled. He is still really mouthy with other people. Mostly Erica, who visits often and of whom he is quite fond. Occasionally he'll do it with me, but not very much. He does bite my couch cushion for attention still. He has become incredibly barky at the dog park. It is actually kind of obnoxious.

I have more to say on the subject of dog parks. Remind me later.

I decided his Buffday is October 15th. We celebrated, went to the dog park, had a little party. He got presents.

There was more, I am sure. But I can't remember EVERYTHING. Nor will I take the time/space to narrate it. So you will just have to deal.

I have been compiling a list of things that confuse the heck out of my dog. Here we go:
The furnace. Whenever it kicks on, he gets weird. It is right by where he sits before we go outside to, so if it kicks on then, he jolts back.

The phone. If I am talking on the phone, he becomes convinced that I am trying to get him to play. Which means when I refuse, he is thoroughly confused.

Carved Coconut Monkeys. He is actually terrified of the one I have left. And may explain why he tore apart the one I do not...have left. Is that a phrase? Can it be reversed like that?

Jazz hands! Really, I just like to say/do "Jazz Hands!"

More will come in the future, so look forward to that!

One final note, I entered one of the first photos I took of him on the first day I had him in the World Spay Day Photo Contest. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment