Sadly, this...preoccupation (literally, what I am doing before once again having an occupation) has impacted Buffaloo's cuddle/play schedule. With all that pent-up energy, Buffaloo has taken to what he refers to as the "Feline Recourse".
He sleeps a lot. He also has the impression that cats sleep a lot. Also, that they are dicks. Seriously, the neighbors cat chases him around and picks on him.
Not. Cool.
But he sleeps.
Awww...just look at that. He's dreaming that he's getting belly rubs from Erica, no doubt. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep. As opposed to the insane ball of orange fur that is normally tearing around my apartment. This has led me to wonder what he's dreaming about.
So, pulling out my Dream Projector 5000, which I found, oddly enough, in the dumpster, I hooked it up and took a peek inside my dogs dreams....
Dream 1: Anchors away, ladies....
In the first dream to show up, Buffaloo was sailing the high seas as a WWII sailor. Just look at him, in the little Dixie Cup....
He goes from port to port, getting cuddled by girls. Belly rubs in the Bahamas. He got treats in Tahiti. Then there was the little Pomeranian waiting for him in Polynesia.
The soundtrack for this dream was Ricky Nelson's "Traveling Man".
He also fights fascism. But he's not really much of a fighter. When he comes across a fascist, they are all like, "Look at me! I have a rope which symbolizes freedom in this hand and am gonna keep it!" So Buffaloo grabs said symbolic freedom and tugs on it to get it away from the fascist.
My dog does not...really..."get" war. I do not see this as a character flaw.
Dream 2: It belongs...in a museum my mouth
Using his trusty tail and revolver, Indiana Buffaloo scoured the world to rescue priceless antiquities. Which he then gnawed, ripped the stuffing out of (for some reason, all priceless antiquities in his dreams are filled with stuffing and one elusive squeaker), and of course, urinated on.
Seriously...how cute is he in that hat. And what do you think the theme song here was? Yup, the Indiana Jones theme. Which is odd, since to my knowledge he's never seen those movies.
Dream 3: He is a Siberian Husky
In America, dogs get sent to the pound. In Soviet Russia...
You know what, I'm not sure where I was going with that.
This must be a sort of vestigial dream though. I am not...entirely sure what he was doing in Siberia. Hunting, I assume. Eating wild meats and borscht. But mostly meat. Riding a bear, of course.
Ladies, the Siberian nights are cold. Perhaps you would care to warm yourself with some vodka and tussle with Buff?
Dream 4: Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone.
Awwwwww!
It's no wonder he can sleep so much. After all the world-trotting adventures he has in his dreams, he undoubtedly needs a nap to recover.
Furthermore, it's amazing he's ever happy to see me, since when he does wake up, he gets subjected to this:
He loves his people.






You can tell he's just thinking of potatoes and corned beef in Dream 4.
ReplyDelete