
Today started fairly normal, all things considered. I didn't get to sleep until late last night, so after running Buffaloo out for his early morning evacuation, I went back into my room, shut my door (leaving the Buffaloo in question out in the living room, which I usually do) and went back to sleep.
When I got up, I found him chilling outside my door suspiciously.
While giving him some love, I noticed paper towels stuck to his paw. Sigh.
So, one of my trash cans was rummaged through. Presumably, some rowdy raccoon had gotten in and done it, and Buffaloo had heroically chased him off.
After cleaning that up and eating some breakfast, I took him to the Asylum Lake preserve to walk him a bit. We got about 40 minutes in, during which he was already pretty damn hyper, before it started raining and we came back.
He laid down for a few minutes, then he wanted to play, and didn't stop wanting to play all damn day. He just wouldn't stop. Eventually, I had to get away, so I turned on the radio and headed out, sitting at Panera for a few hours.
Then I came back, only to find that someone had pooped all over my carpet. It looked like a colony of f'ing spider monkeys got loose in here. So after expressing my displeasure, running with the dog to Petsmart to get some cleaner, and cleaning...
Well, I also emailed a guy on Craigslist about a crate during this.
Company came over, and he was even more hyper than before. He would not calm the hell down. I'm actually considering lacing his pig ears with Benadryl. And he seems to want to eat people. I eventually put him in my bedroom, not without some trepidation. "Somehow" the books on my nightstand did end up on the floor....
After getting back, about 9:30 or so, I took him for a nice long walk-50 minutes or so. Finally got him walking well again. We came home, and he literally ran around in circles in my apartment for no apparent reason. He sprinted around the living room, through the kitchen, repeat. Repeatedly. I just ignored him, but he didn't seem to mind me at all. Finally, he has collapsed, panting heavily, beside my chair.
Also, I think he has been sick (which better explain the 'accident' earlier), and it seemed on the walk that he might be feeling better. So hopefully he finally got it all out of his system. And onto my carpet. Sigh.
He has also gotten really whiny (seems to have lost the growly though) when he wants something. It is really just pathetic. He needs to dog the hell up.
This dog is gonna drive me to drinking. Does anyone have a medium/large sized crate available (every time I left him alone today, something went down. Trash, blanket, books, poo. Even if the last one was illness induced, his other excessively rowdy behavior needs recourse).
No comments:
Post a Comment